Sunday, May 9, 2010

shopping: copco 24oz tumbler


If you've had any kind of beverage at, get this--my folk's, Kelly's, or my grandparent's house, then you've sipped out of a Tervis tumbler. It's a shame they didn't use them 24 years ago, because I'm pretty sure my little brother Travis' name would be just a *little* different. Haha, Tervis Word.

Anyway, Kelly mentioned using a Tervis tumbler for her to-go morning smoothies the other day.  And because I lovingly copy everything she does, I went out shopping for one today.  After all, my beer pint glasses don't hold a whole smoothie, so it gets annoying having to gulp a bunch at the beginning just so I can get it all in one glass to leave the kitchen.  And, well, pint glasses don't travel as well, either.  So I went on the hunt at BBB, and their Tervis selection was zilch. Luckily they were pushing this Copco tumbler pretty hard, and I felt like a schmuck buying it since they were sitting out, BBB-style...in the middle of every aisle...but I'm so happy with it!

It has a reusable straw with a little propeller-looking thing at the end of it to give your drink a good mixing on the go.  Fancy!  Love!  And though I'd prefer a cheerier color, let's pretend the brown is perfect because it coordinates with a chocolate protein shake, mkay?  Beyond that slight negative, this thing is awesome.  And only what, $7.99?  Steal.

If you can get the Tervis though, go for it.  You'll make my family proud, and you won't freeze your hand off or get condensation from the cold glass everywhere (their insulation is legendary. something this cheap copco tumbler is lacking.)

Whatever you choose, happy smoothie-toting!

No comments:

Post a Comment