Thursday, May 13, 2010

Quest for hydration


Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't have a problem drinking. Drinking cocktails, that is. Staying hydrated is a completely different story. As a self-proclaimed runner, and as the heat and humidity in Houston are rapidly rising, I can already tell that I am doing a poor job of drinking enough water. Waking up to leg and toe cramps is not fun and I know it has everything to do with my laziness in drinking throughout the day. Ashley has been talking up her Sobe Lifewater , so today I went on a shopping spree for all things liquid. I purchased a case of Topo Chico (my absolute favorite mineral water), and added to my collection of coconut water as well. I often will drink coconut water on the day before a long run because it packs a hefty wallop of potassium (once again, to alleviate cramps).

As for the Sobe Lifewater, I am giving their fun flavors a try- Black and Blue Berry, Chermoya Punch, Fuji Apple Pear (Ash's fav) and Yumberry Pomegrante. I also found some low calorie Sobe Raspberry Lemonade, Fuji Apple Cranberry and Honey Green Tea.

Kroger was also running a special on Vitamin Water Zero, so I picked up some Rise, 50-50, XXX and Squeezed.

I could just drink water, right? I know.... I am a constant work in progress. Baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment