Sunday, May 23, 2010

junk dinner?


After a long work week, I took my pilates trainer's suggestion and hit the gym for some swimming. I am pushing it when I claim to be a runner, so I have no shame in admitting that I am in no way a swimmer. In my gym membership's 5 year lifespan, I have hit the pool twice. I consider this a victory.

I was famished by the time I got home! Scanning my fridge, I thought I would follow the tone of my day's lunch and throw everything I had in my skillet. I know it isn't trendy to be "matchy matchy" but bare with me. Hmmm...that left me with some odds and ends and the bounty of goodness from the week's Costco trip. Baby spinach, fresh basil (left over from my white pizza), cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, fat free feta, crushed red pepper, shallots and cremini mushrooms.

I chopped what need to be chopped, threw everything but the basil and spinach to saute with the marinated sun dried tomatoes. When good and toasty, I threw in the greens until they were ready to go and then topped with the feta.

As it was Friday night, I felt it only considerate to invite over my good friend, Jacob's Creek! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment