Friday, May 21, 2010

inspired junk salad


I am forever inspired by the junk salads detailed on The Runner's Kitchen . I decided that I had a fully stocked fridge and I should give it a go.

Let me first begin with a couple of apologies-

1. I have a new Blackberry Curve and am all giddy to be able to take photos and instantly email....I know I am so 2007. I am, however, not the steadiest hand while hungry....howdy, blurred salad photo.

2. I know this isn't the most attractive looking salad, but let's blame that on the beet hummus. I made it the other day with some roasted beets, lemon juice, garlic and tahini. Warning: wear gloves while making, but you will be happy you did!

Okay, so back to my "junk salad"- bed of baby spinach, grape tomatoes, sliced cucumber, sliced fresh japs, salad peppers, baby bella mushrooms, petite carrots, fat free feta, a sprinkle of crushed red pepper (can you tell I like it hot?), chia seeds and.....my beet hummus! Delish and tastes even better with addition of strange glances from co-workers! :-P

I can't wait for my lunch today- same basic construction, sans hummus. Additions? Blue cheese, leftover sauted kale, and some Texas Caviar as my "dressing".

No comments:

Post a Comment