Monday, August 2, 2010

doin' it - my list

For whatever reason, given a full weekend of time, I tend to spin my wheels and think more than do.  However, unintentionally waking up at 4am?  Crazy productivity.

Remember this list?  Last week I took care of the probiotics issue, yesterday/this morning crockpot yogurt (to be made into the cucumber mint salad served with marinated chicken for dinner tonight) and today's breakfast? Savory green oats.


I've only used oat bran for "pancakes" and never alone as a hot cereal, so I really had no idea what to expect. (Do know that you can add an over-easy egg to just about anything, and I'll try it.) 

I cooked 1/3c oat bran in 1c of boiling water for 2 minutes, then blended with a huge handful of fresh spinach. I found it needed tons of salt to give it some flavor (you really can't taste the spinach), so I couldn't help but wish I had some sharp cheddar to melt in.  Petty complaints aside, this was a mega-filling, nutrient-rich bowl and if it didn't use so many dishes - or if I had a dishwasher - I'd be happy to eat this several mornings a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment