Monday, August 2, 2010

pork tenderloin with homemade apricot -red pepper jelly

Several months ago, my coworker and friend, Mary, and I whipped up a double batch of apricot red pepper jelly.  It was around the holidays, so we ate it indulgently - over cream cheese with crackers.  I don't trust myself around such a treat on a daily basis, so the leftover jars have been sitting idly under a shelf since.

I subscribe to the daily Chow recipe email, and this one for pork tenderloin with spicy apricot glaze caught my eye. A quick trip to Costco for the tenderloins and a sleepless morning rendered this:


My homemade jelly was a no-brainer substitute for the apricot preserves, and in fact, I think without all the heat from the peppers, this pork roast would be too sweet.  I sliced the tenderloins thinly on an angle and doused them with the glaze.  Absolutely awesome and such a low-hassle protein to cook.  I sneaked a few slices in at breakfast, but I plan on eating this later with some simple sauteed spinach with garlic. Big flavors but so easy and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment