Monday, August 16, 2010

social networking soup

Thanks to good old social networking, I came across a posting of one of my friends mentioning Dr. Bastyr's Vegetable Soup. As a misplaced Texan in Seattle, Lara is definitely a TexSea Girl so I had to ask her for the recipe. The simplicity of the "recipe" can't be beat and I couldn't believe it, but I actually had everything to make it. Despite record heat indexes in Houston, soup was the meal for the weekend and it was delish! I threw in a pot a carton of Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Broth (any broth would do), some cabbage, carrots, a potato, some ginger, celery, a couple of japs, garlic, grape tomatoes and let it simmer for about 35 minutes. I added some salt, pepper and curry powder and finished off with some fresh spinach. Of course, I topped my bowls with some Parmesan! Lara also suggested adding some chicken to add to the heartiness of the soup, but it was great without as well.

Thanks to her posting, I also checked out the other recipes listed on Bastyr University's site and I can't wait to try them out. She also shared her favorite cooking method for Swiss Chard and that was last night's dinner. I had never cooked Swiss Chard (or tasted to be honest), but it has been on my "to-do" list for quite some time. Time to scratch that off! :-) Saute some garlic, ginger in olive oil, add the greens with some basalmic and let cook down. Fast, easy, healthy and tasty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment