Saturday, June 5, 2010

yesterday's junk salad

I am becoming borderline obsessed with cleaning out my fridge and composing my lunch for the day. I have quite an assortment of ingredients to choose from as of late after a visit to 99 Ranch Market. Pretty sure my life has changed for the better after FINALLY making the trip to this uber-hip Asian market. My favorite find? Pea Shoots....I will be doing some more experimenting with these!

So Friday's junk salad? Spinach, Petite Artisan Lettuce (seriously am in love with this veggie), roasted green beans (leftovers, of course), jicima (from Katy's farmers market), some onion basil goat cheese (Central Market find), sliced English cucumber, my favorite pea shoots (yum) and some shredded chicken.

I recently bought a slow cooker and have made multiple batches of chicken cooked with a small jar of peperoncini peppers. I recently decided to add a little juice from a jar of pickled garlic (mine is a different, ummmm, brand but you get the idea) that has been hanging out in my fridge since my Thai cooking classes. It was freaking fantastic!!! Couldn't get any easier than throwing frozen chicken breasts in a crock-pot with some peppers! So much flavor and such a breeze to make. Perfect protein to have on hand for salads, quesadillas, nachos, etc.

The ONLY thing that could have made this salad any better would have been some company. I was lucky enough to make two salads on Thursday. One for me and one for my dad....THAT was the perfect lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment